Michelin Tyre PLC is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Michelin Tyre PLC of Campbell Road, Stoke-on-Trent ST4 4EY.
Information we may collect from you
We receive information about you which you provide via lantbruk.michelin.se (or by any other means). For example we may collect information when you:
- Search our site
- Participate in contests
- Respond to questionnaires
- Communicate with us by email, telephone or other means
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to review browsing actions and patterns
For the same reasons, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. This site will not request your credit or debit card information. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
As you are aware, the transmission of information via the internet cannot be completely secure. We and our service providers will do our best to protect your personal data. Provision of data is at your own risk.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or email. .If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
Where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the privacy page that you will find during the checkout process.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Michelin Group, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.